Madrasatul Furqaan is an Islamic academic institution that provides Islamic education for the Muslim community of Houghton and Surrounding areas..
The Madrasah operates in the afternoon hours of the week. The education of the children begins with basic Qur’aanic learning from the age of six. As they progress through the different stages in the Madrasah, the students develop their Qur’aan reciting skills and also get the opportunity to learn about the blessed life of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasalaam) and learn about Islamic Fiqh and more.
- Yussuf Bham – Chaiman
- Basheer Haffejjee – Vice Chairman
- Yousuf Laher – Treasurer
- Zahir Bham – Sectretary
- Mohammed Ali Laher(HMA)
- Recitation of the Holy Qur’aan and memorisation of Surahs
- Detailed study of Islamic Fiqh
- Study of Seerah of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasalaam)
- Study of Islamic belief (Aqaaid)
- Guidance on Islamic manners, morals and etiquettes